Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Friday, July 13, 2012

Snow on the Mountain in Summer?

This is the story of snow on the mountain in summer. Huh? Okay, let's start all over from the top.
Snow in summer, duh!

While I was looking through massive amounts of garden photos and writing some post to accompnay them...or possibly the other way around. I do go both ways. I sometimes post a picture and then decide what to write about it. But I digress.



Anyway.  I came across a plant which grows in my garden whose name just wouldn't come to me. All I could think of is snow...it had something to do with snow. What, I did not know.  I just couldn't remember.


Snow-on-the-mountain

 I knew it wasn't snow-on-the-mountain, nor snow drops nor snow crocus. It wasn't edelweiss which I had heard some folks call the snow blossom. Oh, how I wish I could have an edelweiss, but I have never seen them in seed or mail order plant catalogs. Wish someone would give me one. ~sigh~






Snow crocus
I'm digressing again, aren't I? Sorry. Where was I?

Oh, yes, snow flower. No, that wasn't its name either. Nor snow bloom, snow posy nor snow petals.








Then it came to me. Well, of course it did or I wouldn't be writing this post at all. Or maybe I would in the hope one of you would know and tell me. Hey, you all did a bang up job with my mystery plant!

I do believe I digressed again. My apologies.
Edelweiss of the Poconos?

Yes, I figured it out. Snow-in-summer! Silly me. It's hot as hedes, thoroughly summertime and I couldn't think of snow-in-summer. I'm really losing it, folks. But no worries. I'll forget all about this little episode by tomorrow and continue as if all is well in the world.

So, that's my story about snow on the mountain in summer...or something like that. Not much of a story, huh? No plot or anything. I didn't even develop the characters well. Ah, well, I'll do better next time...I hope.




No, they were not snow Calla Lilies either!

4 comments:

  1. Alas, dear Glory, I know not what they are either, although I quickly identified my "Snow on the Mountain" and said "aha!!"
    Whatever they really are, "Snow in summer" or (?) they are quite beautiful. And no, you're not losing it, the characters are fully developed--and in full bloom. Summer heat does that ":)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And for the fine readers of this wonderful blog, this flower really IS 'Cerastium tomentosum' if 'ya really want to get cracking....":) ~R

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never grown Edelweiss, but you can buy plants.
    http://www.edelweissperennials.com/PlantGroup.aspx?plant=Leontopodium&gclid=CNClns-ol7ECFSMCQAodQwzndg

    I've heard that in places that get hot in the summer (you'd qualify) they like a bit of dappled shade. You'd have to do some research though.

    I always think of the Sound of Music when I think of this flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes, an equally pretty song to go with the flower. Love Sound of Music. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXtSP8e27rA

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?