Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sunset Over Lake Winnipesaukee, NH

If you follow me on Facebook you would know Tommy and I went to New Hampshire a weekend or two ago and we got to our destination just in time for a quick dinner and then Scott and Lisa--our hosts for the night--took us out on their boat in time to see the sunset over Lake Winnipesaukee.

 The boat ride was refreshing after such a warm day stuck in the car for so long. The trip took six and a half hours, but I had my Tommy time which I had been lacking.

Tom looked over at me often on that trip and said, "I almost forgot what you looked like."

"Disappointed?" I asked. He shook his head, winked at me and smiled.

The views on the way up were perfect, but I always think so where there are enough trees. And the views of the lake? Lovely!

It had been a long time since I had been on a private boat ride and I enjoyed it quite a bit. The mountains in the distance...breathtaking!

 


Scott and Lisa's totally renovated cabin is situated on the northwest side of this huge lake. They said there are at least a hundred miles of shoreline around it and hundreds of privately owned islands within it with homes or varying size--from tiny cabins to massive mansions.

 

According to Scott and Lisa--and why wouldn't I believe them?-- there are quite a few famous people who own property around this lake. From authors of romance novels--Barbara Lewinsky-- Politicians-- Mitt Romney--to super huge rock stars-- Paul McCartney! They're all here plus many more enjoying this lovely lake, winter, spring, summer and fall.

Well, Tommy really knows how to pick 'em, huh? If you ever get the chance, do try to get there. Put it on the bucket list! 

 

Oh, yes, we had a lovely--albeit too short-- time at Lake Winnipesaukee, but the sunset over the lake made the long trip well worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...lovely. Beautiful photos, wonderful sunset pics! That must have been wonderful. That must have been be very inspiring and enjoyable.
    Thanks for sharing, Glory! ~R

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?