Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Leaves

What do you think of when I say leaves? What is the image that first pops into your head?

Long and narrow....

Big and wide....




Bright green...


Dark green...


Fine and delicate fronds...


Ridged and stiff spikes...



Fleshy rosettes...


Colorful cascade....


Huge and crinkly...


Ity-bity...
Feathery soft...


Prickly...
Or...uh...all of the above?

Yes, these are all the leaves I think of. Imagine that!





4 comments:

  1. aHa! Glory, you forgot your maple tree leaves....aha! But this is such a fine collection, --and beautiful pics, by the way! ":)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took all of these photos in the atrium at Pierce House at Longwood Botanical Garden and it just struck me as I walked around this relatively small enclosure that there was such a variety of leaf forms in the world. Astonishing actually!

      Delete
  2. I guess I don't have IT. When you asked the question my first thoughts were Fall, Raking and mulching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I knew some would think only of that, but I love leaves whether on or off the plant. I'm just funny that way!

      Delete

Whacha think?