Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

More Garden Tours

More garden tours if you can stand it.

I had planted a few fruiting vines such as pumpkin, spaghetti squash, zucchini and acorn squash. Only thing is, I don't remember which this is. That shouldn't surprise you.



I showed you the yellow trumpet vine and here is the orange one a-blooming too. Tom and Brandon-bless them-- keep having to duck under the arbor so as not to have the flowers smack them in the face. Me? They go right over my head...like most things.

I planted about three dozen annual vine seeds of sundry kinds and this one is the only one to sprout. They are fussy seeds to be sure but only one??? I'll have to do better or not try at all. Indoor germination for next year. What kind is this one? Love-in-the-mist*. I hope it blooms before frost comes so you can see it. It's very delicate but pretty as can be.

Some rose still going. The lack of rain has rather stunted their blooming. I'm so used to not watering my virtual swamp that it never occurs to me to actually get out the hose when we're in near drought conditions.

Wild things going on with my Jane Magnolia. I'll tell you more about that later on and a surprise I found within. I will tell you it is blooming NOW, which is really odd.

The PeeGee Hydrangeas--This one is Travidad by name-- are starting to bloom.

The bane of the Poconos--or so the EPA will have you think--is blooming. What is the horrible plant? Purple Loosestife. Well, with a name like that, there's no wonder people want to do it in, but I'll have you know the insects, moths, butterflies and bees set this plant a buzzing when it blooms.

Not all is blooming happily in the garden. Sweet Williams are gone to seed. I'll show you the intricate and complicated ways --yeah right!--of collecting seeds in another post.

No, we're still not done with the garden tours so come on back now, ya hear?

* I have since remembered this is not Love-in-the-mist, but instead Love-in-a-puff. Yes, slip of the tongue or brain freeze to blame for that. Sorry!

1 comment:

  1. Can never have anough of this wonderful gardern!

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?