Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Friday, August 10, 2012

Update on Mystery Shrub

My mystery plant gets an update.




It has a new home. Well, if you will recall I pondered breaking up the asphalt to enable me to extract the poor little plant with less stress and more success. I actually did ask Tom if he wouldn't mind too much. Beside the appalled look on his face he didn't say anything, not for nor against. Well, I examined the plant and the crack it protruded from and it seemed a bit wider than it had been last year, so I thought I'd give it a try. I took my little pry tool which I believe most people use to extract dandelion roots out of garden beds. Well, since this is almost a weed--or is to anyone other than me-- it seemed fitting.

Only thing was, it wasn't doing the job. The roots went far and wide, but as I pried up, the asphalt gave way in one huge chunk. Oops! Well, it made the job easier...not easy, just easier. Darn if those roots never wanted to come out! But I am nothing if not persistent. I won at last!

My mystery plant-- I really need a name for this thing-- is now in a new home. It seemed a bit weepy after the transplant--it wasn't the best time to do it, but with all the rain we've recently been getting it has since perked up a bit. Fingers crossed that it makes it and that I finally discover what it is.


6 comments:

  1. Only you can pry a plant from asphalt and have it survive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you remember to put the hammer and chisel away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just used my tiny weeding tool and yes, I did put it away. I may need it again!

      Delete
  3. Glory, you certainly are the ultimate dedicated guardian of all growing things. Only a completely obsessed gardener would bust asphalt in the driveway to save an unknown plant. Interesting!
    I still do not know what that plant is, but it sure does look familiar....":)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just too darn pretty to allow Tom to spray it with something deadly, which he is very likely to do, when I'm not looking and if I don't diligently yank out the weeds myself.

      Delete

Whacha think?