Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Monday, September 10, 2012

The Tangled Webs They Weave

 Oh, the tangled webs they weave...they being the spiders, but in truth, they aren't very tangled at all.

Lately, I've been finding an exorbitant number of spider webs all over the place...elaborate ones too.




I tried to capture them in photos, but they really are a mite too delicate to see. At least, I can barely make them out in these photos and I know what I'm looking for.



Ah, well, at least I tried to show you. As for all the spiders, I don't mind them much. I'm a bit like Harry Potter in that respect. If you bother them not, they shall bother you not...or some such.

The birds seem to like them...the spiders, seemingly. I guess it's one a several reason birds love this garden. With no spraying done they are quite free to eat all manner of toxin-free insects....which would explain why most of the tangled webs they weave are more likely than not empty.





1 comment:

  1. Glory, when you want to photograph a spider web, 'mist it' with water, use a cleaner-type hand sprayer. Then use a macro setting on your camera and position yourself for the best lighting effect and capture the droplets of water on the spider web--which will show up wonderfully! This will work best in "lower light' conditions, perhaps not so well in bright sunlight. ":)
    By the way, your 'black-eyed Susans' are beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?