Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Monday, October 15, 2012

Caught in the Act

 Recall if you will, just the other day when I came home with some ill-gotten goods--a grocery bag full of pilfered plant cuttings, to be exact.

So, Tom sees my ill-gotten goods on the kitchen counter and says, "You just took these? Didn't anyone stop you?"



In other words, why was I not caught in the act and hauled off to pilfering jail? Why would anyone stop me? Not like they care. They are abandoned annuals who had served their purpose; to look nice during summer and autumn until frost came to kill them off.
Abandoned annuals...so sad.

I just took a snip here and there. I mean to say, I didn't actually dig up entire plants, roots and all....although that would have been a good idea. But no! Just a few cuttings is all I took. You wouldn't even know anything was missing. What's wrong with that?

Hmm, maybe nothing wrong, you may be thinking, but what good is it? Why did I bother to snip those cuttings and bring them home? Ah! I was hoping you'd ask that!

I have plans for these cutting which involve my hanging baskets. If you will recall, my hanging baskets were a dismal failure this summer. Why? Cuz I planted seeds, seeds which didn't bother to germinate as I instructed them to do and what did germinate...well, let's just say it wasn't pretty.

I'll show you. I didn't get caught in the act of snatching these cuttings away, but I'll be darned if I fail at the hanging baskets again. More on that next time.



4 comments:

  1. Ahem. Your hanging baskets failed because you could not reach to water them. Don' forget that this is your reading audience you are trying to bamboozle here! :0)

    And why is that butternut squash abandoned? Why this is awful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a folding chair on the porch which I stand on to water my high up planters, so I can reach them just fine, thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and the butternut is not abandoned. I was waiting for it to ripen a bit more.

      Delete

Whacha think?