Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Green Thumb on Overdrive

So, it's come to my attention that I have a super-charged green thumb--or perhaps it's just on overdrive. Whichever it is, it's something awesome to see. I'll show you what I mean.

You may not believe it--I know I barely do and I saw it happen!-- but this tiny little spig of a geranium--a fake one-- just up and started blooming almost the instant I stuck it into soil. Literally not more than a week later it spouted flowers. Talk about green thumb, huh? And that's not all!





Look at this beauty! The color is just lovely. I can't imagine it even had time to root and yet it sprung blossoms. What the hey? Love when plants want to live and show that they do!



Here's another tiny Pelagonium--aka garden geranium-- which practically bloomed the instant it hit soil. Here it is tucked in with a few even tinier begonias, some of which are budding up too. Honestly, this just blows my mind.

Is that not the wildest thing ever? Well, I think so. I pilfered rescued these poor little plants and they repay me in kind. I can just assume they were dying, struggling to survive in our chilly overnight temperatures--dipping into the 40's most nights-- and when I brought them inside into temps more similar to summer, they were so thrilled when they realized they weren't going to die, that they decided to bloom.

I mean to say, even I don't think it's got anything to do with a green thumb. Do you?


2 comments:

  1. Glory, it's the zeitgeist in the green thumb, makes everything bloom immediately if not sooner! Perhaps it's got something to do with the time of the season? Any cutting taken late in the year will try to propagate itself, make seeds a.s.a.p. or maybe they're just trying to convince you that you did the right thing rescuing them....":)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be any of those! Plants are amazing. I'm constantly surprised by them.

      Delete

Whacha think?