Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Kid's Indoor Garden Project

Want a fun and super easy indoor garden project to get your kids or grand-kids interesting in the wonders of plants? Sure you do!
Baby Brandon with Breezy dog

I've shown you this before, but it's always good to show you again. I've been having fun with this ever since Julie of Wooly Acres fame explained you can actually grow a celery from the bottom of a store bought celery bunch. Just cut off the bottom and set it in soil.



Carrot tops, celery bottom

I've shown you this before, but it's always good to show you again. I've been having fun with this ever since Julie of Wooly Acres fame explained you can actually grow a celery from the bottom of a store bought celery bunch. Just cut off the bottom and set it in soil.

In the middle of the photo you'll see the celery. The other green around it are carrot tops. Those are also just cut off the top of the carrot and pushed into soil. Within days you'll get growth. Pretty good for kids with very short attention spans--you know, to match their height.
Lexi in the Garden with her Abba (grandmother)

They can do it all by themselves too. Just offer the child a pot of garden or potting soil, let them stick the carrot tops and celery bottom in the soil and water. Set it on a sunny window and Ta-da! Instant indoor garden. A great fun project for a little kid.
Same size as 8 year old Tyler...Gees!

Since I like doing this kid's indoor garden project so much myself, I suppose that makes me a kid, too...which would explain the lack of height. Hmm...where's my dollie?


2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea for little kids --and winter gardeners too! ":)

    ReplyDelete

  2. It feels awesome to read such informative and unique articles on your websites.
    see more

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?