Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Monday, October 1, 2012

Never Happened Before

This may come as a surprise, but we have never--as long as we've been living in the Poconos, some 24 years-- been able to get through September without a killer frost. Really! It's never happened before.



What's even more bizarre is that we had a relatively mild winter, an early spring and a great summer--sans a bit of a drought which never got too bad here. Usually we may have one or two good gardening seasons and we pay for them when Mother Nature makes the other seasons just awful. Never fails...except for this year. Well, a great season for gardening is...well, wonderful!

Of course, that doesn't mean I'm letting my defenses down. That is to say, I'm expecting the worst winter EVER coming up. Yes, I suppose I'm seeing the glass half empty....but in my world that means it's half full of sleet, ice and snow! Oh, bother...

That's what happens when something happens which never did before. You freak out!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Whacha think?