Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Friday, November 16, 2012

Visit to Harry P. Leu Botanical Gardens

The day we were supposed to leave Orlando to start back home, Tom finished up work just minutes before 3pm. He came back to get me at the hotel and bustled me out of there saying, "We're getting some fun in. To hell with everything!"

And so we went for a visit  to the lovely Harry P. Leu Botanical Gardens where we've been many times before.

 

It's a rather lovely garden, unassuming and ever-changing. They constantly are refurbishing the older gardens with new arrangements, replacing old stands of timber with younger more vibrant plants and otherwise causing havoc to Tommy's sense of normalcy. Like Justin he dislikes change.

"I liked it better before!" is his persistent complaint.

Here he decided to crouch down by the Elephant ear caladiums and he says, "Do I look like an elephant?"

Yes, Tommy, yes you do, you big old goof!

There are so many flowers here I don't know the name of, but that's not unusual in the tropics. It seems if I don't have the plant in my garden, there is no chance of my recalling its name. Weird huh?

Much of the garden is in dapple shade--perfect for a stroll even during the warmer months.

It was getting late, but Tom had no intention of leaving yet. No matter what that big old clock said.

He needed to visit the Orangery which is just a fancy term for indoor orange grove such as the one at Longwood Botanical. No, I shouldn't have used Orangery to describe this section of the garden as this is outside, but I just felt like it, so live with it. Tom--bless his heart-- insists that stolen oranges taste better. He was very wrong this time! I explained it was not the right time of year, but he simply could not leave without trying one. You'd think that bitter, sour taste would cure him of his belief...alas, I doubt it.

Ooh, but we saw some very pretty flowering vines and some of the plants which we'd seen a million times, only not when in bloom, were at last in flower! See? That's why you need to visit gardens at all times of year or else you'll miss stuff--very pretty stuff!


That would be like the Dahlia tree. Yes, Dahlia tree! I passed by this large shrub type plant a million times and never once knew it had flowers. What a treat to finally catch it thus. This flower really did look exactly like the dahlias my mom used to grow in her Long Island garden.

Well, it wasn't entirely a leisurely stroll. Tommy had to take several business phone calls while walking about. Ah, well...it was still a rather nice visit to Harry P. Leu Botanical gardens.

7 comments:

  1. Another beautiful garden Glory...love the personal tour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Glory, thanks for sharing this bit of summer with us--who are living in the dull brown shades of autumn..and a snowflake or two. Have a safe trip! ":)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know about the cold, dreary days to come. At least Tom has plans on taking me with him for his trade show in Orlando soon.

      Delete
  3. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I've really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I'll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you
    write again very soon!

    Stop by my blog; honda s2000 parts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great weblog here! Additionally your website loads up fast!
    What web host are you the use of? Can I get your affiliate
    link for your host? I wish my website loaded up as quickly
    as yours lol

    Here is my blog balance ball

    ReplyDelete
  5. If some one needs to be updated with most recent technologies therefore he must be
    visit this website and be up to date all the time.



    My weblog: marvin tree pruner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?

    I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.
    Any tips?

    Feel free to surf to my web page rx8 engine for sale

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?