Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Back Home from Trade Show

I've been away for a while, but I'm back home now. I went down to Orlando to help Tom at a trade show--supposedly the BIGGEST of all trade shows and it sure as heck seemed to be! I got lost several times. This was the Power-Gen show which caters to all things power generation, power plants and such, plus a whole section of green-friendly products too. Believe you me, everything went right over my head. No, not cuz I shrunk! I just have very little idea what all that stuff meant. What stuff?

Well, Tom brought a heat exchanger--whatever that is-- two helium mas-spectrometers---aka helium leak detectors- a sniffer probe, plus helium in a tank and fancy-schmacy plugs for demonstration purposes. I kind of know what that stuff is for--Tom has shown me a hundred times-- but that's pretty much where understanding ended for me.

Tom expected to get loads of work from power plants seeking to increase their productivity and efficiency. I saw no evidence that there was anyone interested in that, but what do I know?

Thankfully, the trade show only lasted three days, four if you count the few hours it took to set up the booth and take it back down at the end. I would very much like it if I never went to another one of these shows again. Only bright spot was the pretty outfits Tommy made me buy for the show. I looked kinda cute in them, although you'll never know. Tom never took a picture of me! Or maybe they're still on his phone? I'll have to check.

Anyway....

That's not saying we didn't have some fun while down in warmer climes. The Sunday before the trade show we went to EPCOT at Disney world with Tom's business buddy, Marc Laz.


Tommy and Marc

Marc's a nice enough guy, but geeze-Louise...I have such a bone to pick with him.
Marc, you silly boy! That's just not ANY rabbit and skunk.
We introduced him the these pretty little topiaries of famous Disney characters and you know what? He didn't know who Thumper and Flower were! Can you imagine?


Needless to say, we had some serious educating to do while at Epcot...and I suppose I had some serious learning to do myself, but the trade show is over and done and I'm back home...at least for a while. More on that tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. Oh well, at least you had fun keeping Tommy company...a change of venue is as good as a rest..and....how is happiness measured on the Glory scale? ":)

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?