Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Monday, January 14, 2013

Up to no good

I'd like to say I'm up to no good, but that never is the case. I try to do some good all the time. Of course, that doesn't mean I succeed.

Case in point: I meant to do a whole week's worth of Glory's garden posts-- as I often do-- on the weekend, but that never happened. I meant to read a novel  written by my Canadian pal Raymond Alexander Kukkee of Incoming Bytes and give a review, but The Fires of Waterland would have to wait.

Why? Well, I was too busy. What was I so busy with? Watching movies and knitting.



Now, don't get your bloomers in a bunch! That's my idea of multi-tasking. Knitting while doing nothing is just not a reasonable way to spend waste time. Nor is it possible for me to just sit there and watch a movie. No way! I'd go stir crazy without something in my hands--folding clothes, baking cookies, cooking, crocheting, sewing, or knitting along with watching a movie or two, but never, NEVER without something to do. I'm just funny that way.

I even feel guilty reading a book. I mean to say, that's a total indulgence. You sit and read and fall into another world and you're doing it all by yourself... selfish indeed! That may be why I often do my reading while waiting at the doctor's office or dentist or while riding in the car with Tommy or just before sleepy time...oh yes, and while on vacation. I feel you are allowed--nay! required to be lazy then.

I hadn't planned on knitting. I didn't even have that project on my mind, but my future daughter in law spotted a pair of wrist warmers I made and asked if I would make a pair for her. Well, of course I had to drop everything else for that!

I didn't think the wrist warmers would take very long to make because they are a rather small project--the length of two DVDs was pretty good time. Most projects take much longer. So, they were done on Saturday and I had Sunday for the other things. Well...that didn't work out either. Tom needed me for an entire day of invoicing and other long-overdue paperwork-- the hazards of owning and running your own business is never-ending paperwork.

I don't exactly feel I accomplished much... of what I intended to do this weekend, I mean. Tom was happy we got a lot of this stuff off his desk, many clients billed and expense reports of the past year settled away. That actually was very good. Yes, I did knit the wrist warmers for Laura which I hope she likes, but I didn't like the films I watched while doing them. That just ruins everything! What is the use of a film which makes you uncomfortable and not wish to ever see it again? Useless in my eyes!

So, I wasn't really up to no good this weekend... it just feels like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whacha think?