Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Monday, March 18, 2013

Glory's top ten Movie picks



Prepare to laugh. I will be giving you Glory's top ten movie picks. Why would I do such a thing? Because Alexandra Heep told me to.

And why would I listen to her? Well, better than listening to the voices in my head. They keep hounding me to write their stories and really, I just don't have time to do them all at once. And yet I have time for this list...well, I never said I actually made sense, now did I?


There ya go! Never promised you a rose garden either...I did however promise one to myself--Thanks to Julie I have one now!

Anyway.... On to the list!

#1. The Philadelphia Story- this has to be one of the funnest ~sidebar: Is that a real word? Must consult dictionary. It is! End sidebar~ Katherine Hepburn movies there is, and that's saying something! She's maddeningly human, witty and snarky --before snarky was even in vogue-- in this film and with such great co-stars-- Gary Grant, Jimmy Steward and the adorable Virginia Weidler as her smart-alec little sister makes this totally delightful, mad-cap fun.

#2. The Princess Bride- If you've never seen this, well, one question: What is wrong with you? This is such a cute and hilarious modern day fable with tons of quotable quotes and memorable scenes you'll want to watch over and over. If you're like other fans of this classic you'll be able to quote it word for word in no time. "Alo, my name is Indingo Montoya. You kill my father. Prepare to die!" "Good night, Wesley, sleep tight, most likely kill you in the morning."

#3. Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home- "There be whales, Cap'n!" This is such a funny romp through the universe with the aging crew of the original Starship Enterprise--the fact that the Enterprise was blown up and they were actually using a captured Romulin ship is too long a story to explain just now-- that you have to wonder why it took them so long to figure out they had to get back down to earth to make us laugh this much!

#4. Pride and Prejudice- The six hour one with Jennifer Elhe and Colin Firth is the most accurate to the book, and so I like it best.

#5. Stranger than fiction- Love it because as I write I can easily imagine myself as Emma Thompson's erratic character. I love her!

#6. Chocolat- It's not just about chocolate. Johnny Depp's in it. Need I say more?

#7. Beauty and the Beast- Yes, the Disney song-fest. What can I say? I love to sing!

#8. Sleepless in Seattle- I'm a hopeless romantic...that's why!

#9. It's a Wonderful life- From start to finish it tugs at the heart and I just love that.

#10. While you were sleeping- A lonely girl in search love finds instead a kooky family and then love... what could be better?

That's my picks. What are yours?


14 comments:

  1. Hey, we share two favorites, how about that. Glad you could participate. I only found out about it the night before, and was scrambling to put a post together. I haven't really blogged for half a year or so, and now I am going overboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could never go to the movies

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Princess Bride made many lists today! Just missed my top ten.
    Thanks for participating in my blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Philadelphia Story and Chocolat - two worth seeing again to be sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jewel of the Nile
    Romancing the Stone
    Bringing up Baby (Any Cary Grant movie really)
    Any Ma & Pa Kettle movie
    The Godfather
    The Breakfast Club
    Any Thin Man movie
    Any Star Trek movie
    It's a Wonderful Life (agree there)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember liking Romancing the stone until I read the book, which of course was better! I love bringing up baby--Kate the great, can't beat that!

      Delete
  6. Beauty and the BEast! Oh i want a library like Beast's.
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. voyage home... was such a peaceful less violent film of the whole series. great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely did not expect to find another person who included The Philadelphia Story in their list. Let's hear it for the oldies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to all of you for stopping by. I could have filled a top 100 list with just oldies, but I did this list quickly and didn't think anyone would even know "Desk set", "The bishops' wife", "Holiday", "Arsenic and old lace" and a zillion other black-n-whites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just dropping in from the blog hop (late I know!) to say you've got some great picks!

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?