Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Spring is sprung!

Spring is sprung....finally! It's been a long, hard winter and it never seemed to end!


But at long last...crocus sightings are everywhere!




I love these tiny bundles of spring time cheer...even if it is still chilly and nipping.

They pop up and all is well in the gardening world. With the first crocus comes renewal of life itself.


If you can't tell...I'm quite happy when I see my first crocus flowers pop open and say, "Hello! Did ya miss me?"

Oh, heck yes, I missed them! I miss all of my garden and now this means the garden will come alive little by little.

Look! Even the daylilies are peeking! Oh, happy day!



14 comments:

  1. It's amazing the difference 600 miles or so makes. We are well past the stage to where the early bloomers are now dying and the leaves are poking their little heads out. Our flowering trees are starting to drop their flowers also. Our winter was almost non existent this year. I've already had to cut the grass twice. Highs today in the mid 80's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy moly, Dan! You do have a jump on spring! Actually, you're already in summer!

      Delete
  2. Technically we could still get snow Glory you just need to keep a positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frost free date isn't until June 1 for us here, so...whatever I see in the garden is doing it in spite of the still chilly air.

      Delete
  3. We set records for the coldest start to spring and all that, and now for rainfall too. I hope there will be a spring in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the rains of springs...gotta have them even if ya don't need them!

      Delete
  4. We don't have crocuses up just yet. It's hard to see them with 2' of snow. Hang in there, your crocuses are a promise of better things to come!....and, Glory, better late than never! ":)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Temperatures jumped from freezing to 80 with everything playing catch up in the gardens :)
    Ohh the allergies in full swing here..sniff sniff..cough LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, poor Olivia! For your next sneeze...God bless you! :)

      Delete
  6. Here's to a beautiful spring and summer for you, Glory!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its always a relief when you can feel the end of winter and the start of spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it though? Just forget winter, I say. I love-love-love this time of year!

      Delete
  8. Lovely, Glory! Thank you for sharing your crocuses, ours are still under 3' of snow...*sigh

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?