Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Speaking of Sprouting seeds...

Were we speaking of sprouting seeds? Someone must have been...don't quite recall who, but it'll come to me.*

The first new sprouts of the season! Woo-hoo!
Now first off, pay no attention to the bright orange carrot seed envelope propped up against the pot rim. Those seeds never sprouted, so I gave up on them and planted green peppers...At least I think they were green peppers. I recall making dinner, I sliced up onions and a red bell pepper and yes! I took a few seeds and said, "What the heck! Let's plant them since the carrots never germinated."

See? I can remember sometimes!

Wait, where was I? Oh, yes, sprouting seeds. I got so jazzed up when I saw those seeds sprouting that I set a few dozen Morning Glory seeds to soaking overnight for planting the next day. Why do I soak them? Why, for faster germination of course! Where have you been hiding that you didn't know that...under a rock???

Anyway, I forgot that it wasn't warm enough to plant the seedlings outside. Well, in truth I didn't forget. I just didn't expect them to sprout so darn quickly. Yes-yes, I know. That was the whole point of the soaking, for quicker germination, but gees-Louise! Not that quick! They were sprouted in 5 days tops!

So I planted the seeds here...


and here...


The first pot had housed a mum which died when I went away on vacation. Tyler who stayed to keep Calisto company does not do houseplants, you see. The second was a ficus which decided to die and left sturdy stems which will make a lovely climbing trellis for the Morning Glories. I'll set these out onto the porch when that nasty Jack Frost has gone down under to Australia where he belongs!


*I knew someone was touting sprouting seeds! It turns out to be two someones, in fact! First one was Uncle Mac and the second was  Alexandra Heep and her honey Tom who have only just started their first garden together. I'll tell you about that next time. What fun!


2 comments:

  1. :-) You said morning Glorys. Bad memory. Bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I'm hoping one day you will get over that!

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?