Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Nearly Wordless Wednesday: Desert plants

I thought I'd show you the desert plants I found while hiking around Bryce National park in Utah.

I can't say I know any names, but they are nice to see in such a harsh climate.
I think this one might be a potentilla. Not certain though.


Can't believe some of the places you find pines growing...also can't believe how fearless Tom can be, but that's another story.




Some color is always welcome in such stark land. This looks a bit like a coriopsis, but I'm sure it's not.


Look... Lupines! Not flowering, but next year they will, no doubt about it!


Prickly thing! I was slightly tempter to pilfer a few seeds but then why? I couldn't grow this even in the house. I'm notorious for drowning my houseplants so a desert plant would have no chance with me!


Now here I found Glory-sized Bristle cone pine...my pal! Tom said, "If we come back next year it will have doubled in size and you...well... not so much!"

I do believe Tom and Mac were separated at birth.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whacha think?