Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The Blonde Experiment



Tom was flicking around the TV channels the other day and he spotted the film "Gentlemen prefer Blondes" on the TV guide channel and being curious-- he had never seen it before, after all-- he switched to it. First thing he saw was Jane Russel--not at all a blonde, in case you didn't know.


"Well, she's not blonde!" he said and finding the premise of the movie totally fake and phony and something like false advertising at that point from that one fact, he switched again...this time to the METS channel where he was rather certain he would find some baseball players....not football players!

"A-hem...if you waited two more minutes you would have seen Marylin Monroe who certainly is a blonde, the ultimate blonde mind you, and for whom the movie was named," I said.

"Well, I don't like her either," he said, which was his way of saying, "Baseball is better than anything else in the world, even stunning blondes and and curvy brunettes." 

But this made me think-- I know, a rather dangerous thing to do, but on occasion I do some just for the fun of it-- and wonder if it is true. Do gentlemen truly prefer blondes?

Well, in Tom's case obviously not, or else he would NOT have settled on me---NOT a blonde! All the women celebrities he drools over are also NOT blonde. He calls it his "Flavor" and it is NOT blonde.

Which I find utterly ridiculous. I had always found that I liked the tall, dark handsome type in men ...dark referring to hair color. So what did I end up falling for and ultimately marrying? Blond, green eyed Tommy! So, what does that say?

Heck if I know. But I do wish I were younger right now so I could run the Blonde experiment to test the theory. I would don a blonde wig and see what kind of reaction I get. I would gauge the difference in how the same people interact with me as I am normally, NOT a blonde.

I don't think I would handle it well though. I mean to say, my permanently tanned skin would not pull off the blonde look very well. I'm rather certain I would look horrible as a blonde, but would I to men?

It would be worth trying the Blonde Experiment...just to see. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if people liked me better as a blonde, but I would definitely NOT stay a blonde. Unlike it does to some women, I would not feel depressed about i nor inadequate in any way. I am the funny sort who actually likes me for me as I am and to heck with everyone else. I know...I'm totally weird!

So, you men out there...do you indeed prefer blondes and what exactly is it about them that sends a Chris Matthews thrill up your leg? Really, I want to know.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. You are beautiful as a brunette, and you would also look beautiful as a blonde. It is not the colour, it is how the individual WEARS the oolour--style, personality,"look", it all has to come together.

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?